Filed under: recipes
It will be 2 years this January that I finished my Ayurveda module at The Natural Epicurean Academy of Culinary Arts in Austin, Texas. My fabulous teacher Charlotte Jernigan guided our class through cooking for the 3 doshas with aplomb. This recipe for baked pears is one I make again and again though I have cut down on the oil from the original. I use the same recipe for baked apples. Fuji are my favorite these days.My 21 month old granddaughter likes this recipe.
- 3 pears
- 1 TBSP of sesame oil(not toasted)
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cardamom
- 2 pinches of black pepper
- 1 tsp sucanat
- Slice pears in half and place cut side up in a covered baking dish with 2 TBSP of water.
- Combine oil and spices together. If possible use freshly ground cardamom and black pepper and freshly grated nutmeg.
- Drizzle oil and spice mixture over fruit.
- Sprinkle with sucanat , cover and bake at 350 in a preheated oven for 30 minutes.
1 Comment so far
Leave a comment