Filed under: recipes
Last week Hanaleah took me to Woodland’s Vegan Bistro, one of the top-rated vegan restaurants in Washington D.C. The best thing I had there was the parsley salad. When I got to Germany this week I wanted to make it, so I googled various parsley salads and created this recipe.
- 2 ounces of parsley leaves (Pull the leaves off the stems but no need to chop them.)
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- zest of one lemon (optional)
- 4 tsp. olive oil
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- Toast pumpkin seeds on medium heat in cast iron pan for about 5 minutes. Stir frequently. Don’t burn.
- Put lemon juice, olive oil, and salt in bowl. Stir. Add parsley, carrots, and onions. Stir.
- Let sit for 30 minutes to let flavors meld.
- Add pumpkin seeds and serve.
1 Comment so far
Leave a comment