Filed under: recipes
Almost all the chia pudding recipes I have read say the ratio of chia seeds to milk should be 3 tablespoons of chia seeds to 1 cup of milk. I disagree. I find the texture preferable with only 2 tablespoons of chia seeds for each cup of milk. Below is a basic recipe. You can add any fruit, dried or fresh, coconut, cocoa nibs, or anything else that strikes your fancy to the finished pudding.
- 1 cups of non-dairy milk (I like raw, homemade almond milk)
- 2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp. of date syrup (or sweetener of your choice)
- 1/8 tsp. almond or vanilla extract (optional, I like almond)
- Add chia seeds to milk, and stir.
- Keep stirring for a minute or two so the chia seeds don’t clump up.
- Add the date syrup and extract of your choice. Stir again.
- Let sit for at least 1 hour so the chia seeds plump up.
- Refrigerate if you don’t eat it all immediately.
1 Comment so far
Leave a comment